Instagram Highlights allow you to keep your stories for a long time on your profile. With this, your audience can have a look at them whenever they want to without the limitation of having them only for 24 hours.
Highlights not only extend the life of your stories but brings more attention to your work. They tell your audience what your brand is all about and what are the special moments that you celebrate.
You can put your best stories, special moments, events, new product launches, and more in the Highlights section.
Many brands and influencers use custom Instagram highlight covers that are created with different colors, patterns, and graphics. It adds to the overall look and feel of your account.
In addition to this, Instagram Highlight covers make your profile look visually appealing which helps you to earn more Instagram views for your content.
In this article, we’ll explore how to create custom Instagram Highlight covers for your profile with a few easy steps.
What are Custom Instagram Highlight Covers?
Generally, the first image that you have added in the Highlights folder is featured as the cover image, by default. However, you can customize the cover photo as per your preference.
These custom highlight covers help you to align the highlights with your feed. You can create covers that match up to your branding and aesthetics. It is better to use a clean and interesting design that complements your profile.
The covers will make your profile visually appealing and will help to increase real Instagram views for your profile content. Let’s discuss the important elements that will make a good Highlight cover for your brand.
How to Create Custom Instagram Highlight Covers?
Now, you know how to create an Instagram Highlight cover. But what about creating the custom Highlight covers? There are several free and paid apps that you can use for this purpose.
One of the easiest and popular apps to create Instagram Highlight covers is Canva. It is a free app that allows you to create any kind of design or creative in a few simple steps.
It contains a variety of graphics, elements, icons, designs, and backgrounds that you can use to create a cover.
You can add them and edit them easily. You don’t need to be a professional in designing to create beautiful designs and covers.
Let’s see what you need to do to create a custom Instagram Highlight cover using Canva. Follow the steps:
- Sign up with a valid id on Canva. Log in to it and then type ‘Instagram Highlight Cover’ in the search bar. Scroll down.
- Now, you will get the right size for your Instagram Highlight cover. On the left side, you will see a lot of templates. You can choose the one that you like or that matches your requirements.
- After choosing the template, select ‘Elements’ from the sidebar. In the Elements section, you will see a variety of shapes, icons, graphics, and illustrations that you can use in your custom cover.
- You can use the ‘Text’ feature to write anything that you want to on the cover. There are several options available. However, only a few of them are free, others are paid (available on the pro version of Canva).
- Next, choose an icon that suits your needs. You can adjust the size, color, and position of the icon as per your preference.
- After editing the icon, you can customize the background of the cover. Also, after adjusting the background and the icon, you can download it by tapping on the top right corner of your screen. Alternatively, you can click on the ‘Share’ button to send it to any location on your device.
- Upload the picture on your profile as a new Instagram story. Don’t forget to zoom out while uploading the IG story, so that the cropping tool of Instagram doesn’t cut out the icon from your Highlight.
- Add this story to your Highlights, and use it as the cover.
Creating Instagram Highlight covers is a great idea to promote your brand and add charms to your profile. They will play a key role in grabbing the attention of your targeted audience. So, putting your time and efforts into creating them is worth it.
Also, the best part is that you don’t need a pro knowledge of designing to create engaging and high-quality Highlight covers for Instagram.
Canva is a simple tool and will help you to do that without any problem. A small change will make your profile visually attractive for the audience and will help you to grow your Instagram account.
However, if you are not able to grow your account organically and can’t get enough followers for your account, you have a quick option to do so. You can buy real active Instagram followers that will provide a quick boost to your account.