Instagram Direct is a private messaging tool that allows users to exchange text messages, photos, videos, stories, locations, and more. It is quite similar to Facebook Messenger.
A lot of people use Instagram Direct regularly to connect with other people and exchange important information.
For example, brands and businesses use it to connect with their customers, answer their queries regarding the products and services, take online orders, share product information, and more.
If you are also an Instagram user and use its messaging feature, there are chances that you may delete your important Instagram messages by mistake and then regret doing it later.
In this case, you don’t need to worry!
Here are the top 4 easy and quick methods with which you can learn how to recover your deleted Instagram messages.
Note: To grow your Instagram likes, followers, and views- Visit Champmarketer.com
4 Methods To Recover Your Deleted Instagram Messages
Method 1: Recover Instagram Messages from the Other User
When you delete messages on Instagram, you have only deleted the chat from your side and they are still available on the other user’s end to whom you have sent the messages.
So, one of the easiest ways to recover the deleted messages is to ask the other person to share the chats and messages with you if he/she hasn’t deleted them yet.
Method 2: Recover Instagram Messages by Connecting Your Facebook Account
If you don’t want to try the above method or are unable to retrieve the messages from the other person, you can try this method.
This method works if you have connected your Facebook and Instagram accounts with each other. Then, you can go to your Facebook inbox to manage your Instagram messages with ease. Follow the steps to do this:
- Open Facebook in your browser and sign in with your account which is linked to your Instagram account. Then, go to your Facebook Inbox.
- On the left menu, tap the Instagram Direct icon to open your Instagram messages.
Also Read: How Do You Get Live on Instagram? (2021)
Method 3: Recover Instagram Chats Using Instagram Data
If you haven’t connected your Facebook account with Instagram or you don’t have a Facebook account anymore, there’s no need to worry. You can try another method to recover your deleted messages through Instagram data.
When you have deleted Instagram messages, they will no longer be available on your device, but they will be available on the Instagram server.
And the best part is that you are allowed to access and download the data that you have shared on Instagram such as Instagram direct messages, photos, videos, and much more. Let’s see how you can do this:
- Open the Instagram webpage in your PC and log in to your account using your username and password.
- Click on the ‘profile’ icon located in the top right corner of the web page.
- Click on ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Privacy and Security’ from the pop-up.
- Scroll down on the page and select the ‘Data Download’ option. At this point, you need to verify that it’s you trying to download your data. So, log in to your account again.
- Next, enter your email id to get a link from Instagram. Using this link, you can download your messages, photos, videos, and more such information.
- Click on ‘Next’ and type your Instagram password. Click on ‘Request Download’.
- Now, you will get an email from Instagram with the subject line- ‘Your Instagram Data’ within 48 hours.
- Open this email and click on the ‘Download Data’ button. All the data that you have shared on Instagram will be downloaded in a ZIP file.
- You can extract the file and open it to find your Instagram messages. When you open it, you can recover your deleted messages.
Method 4: Recover Deleted Instagram Messages Online
Under this method, you need to use an Instagram Message Recovery online site. It allows you to recover your deleted IG messages by logging into your account. Follow the steps:
- Go to the Instagram Message Recovery site. Enter the Instagram username or the link to your profile.
- Login to your account and click on ‘Recover Messages’ to start the recovery process.
- Complete the verification to confirm that you are not a robot.
- Recover your deleted Instagram messages with ease.
In this article, we have shared some of the best ways to recover your deleted Instagram messages. We hope this post can help you get back the messages that you might have deleted mistakenly and need back.
If you have any questions or suggestions on this post, you can let us know in the comments section below. Thank you for reading!
If you want to know how you can grow your Instagram account, you can learn about Instagram services offered by Champmarketer. Here you will learn about a lot of tactics with which you can easily grow your IG profile and get more user’s attention towards your account.