Have you forgotten your Instagram password? Are you looking for ways to recover it or reset it? Well, if this is the case with you, then take a note that you cannot recover your old Instagram account password if you have forgotten it.
But the good thing is that you can easily set up a new password for your Instagram account using your email address, phone number, or Facebook account.
If this doesn’t help you, you can even open the Instagram app and access the additional help feature.
Usually, people reset their Instagram account if they have forgotten it, or when someone else has changed it without their permission, or when someone has hacked into their account.
No matter whatever be the reason, this article will guide you step-by-step on how to reset your Instagram password on any device that you use.
Note: Click here to buy real Instagram likes, followers, and views for your account.
How to Reset Your Instagram Password?
Resetting the password of your Instagram account is no big deal. You can do it easily by using your email id, phone number, or your linked Facebook account.
Follow the steps given below to reset your password using the Instagram website:
- Open any browser and go to Instagram’s official website.
- Under the login tabs, click on the ‘Forgot Password’ button.
- Enter the username, email, or phone number that you have used to create your Instagram account.
- Click on the option ‘I am not a robot’.
- After the security check, click on the ‘Reset Password’ option.
- You will receive an email from Instagram with a link to reset your password. Click on the link or the Reset Password button in the mail.
- Enter a new password for your Instagram account and make sure it is strong enough. Type it again to confirm and click ‘Reset Password’.
After this, you will be signed in to your account and your feed page will open.
Alternatively, you can reset your Instagram password using the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone. Follow the steps to do this:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- On the login screen, select the option ‘Get help signing in’ located below the login tabs.
- Enter the username or email with which you have registered on your Instagram account. Or, you can log in with Facebook if you have connected to both of these accounts.
- Enter the required information and follow the instructions. If you opt for the SMS option, you’ll receive a text message with a code that you can enter in the Instagram app. Now, you will be able to set up a new password for your account and then sign-in. If you choose to receive the code through an email, then you will receive an email message at your registered id with Instagram. In the email, tap the ‘Log in as’ button.
- Alternatively, tap the ‘Reset your Instagram Password’ link. This will take you to a password reset page. Then, type a new password for your account and tap the ‘Reset Password’ button. Don’t forget to choose a strong password that would be difficult to crack for anyone. After this, you will be signed in to your account and your Instagram feed page will appear.
Also Checkout: How To Make Custom Instagram Highlights Covers?
What do you mean by Two-Factor Authentication on Instagram?
If you are willing to add extra security to your Instagram account, you can set up two-factor authentication.
Normally, your email address and password are the one factor that provides security to your account. When you enable the two-factor authentication, it means adding an extra factor that makes it hard for intruders/ hackers to access your Instagram account.
Usually, the second-factor authentication refers to a message that will be sent on your mobile number asking you to verify your login attempt to Instagram.
For this, either you need to enter a login code or confirm your login attempt from your device. However, this happens only when you are trying to access your Instagram account from a new device.
To set up the two-factor authentication, go to your Instagram profile, and then tap the menu icon. Click on Settings > Security, and scroll down to the two-factor authentication option.
Tap Get Started, and select between the two authentication methods- You can choose to receive a special code through SMS or use a third-party authentication app such as Duo Mobile or Google Authenticator.
If you choose to opt for the SMS option, make sure you currently have access to the mobile number which is registered with your IG account. If you don’t have that number, you can enter a different one before you proceed.
So, this is how you can set up the two-factor authentication easily. This will make it very difficult for intruders to hack into your account and use it for malicious purposes.
The Bottom Line
So, in this article, we have explained how to reset or change your Instagram password by following a few steps only. However, you shouldn’t be dependent on this always so it is recommended to keep your password in mind and take a note of it in a place where no one else but only you can see it.
Don’t share your Instagram password with any third-party site or any other person. This is confidential and can hamper the safety of your account and personal data.
Also, if you are interested to witness significant growth in the engagement rates of your Instagram account, you can visit the best site to buy Instagram likes for your brand. This will not only help you to improve your engagement rate but also your brand visibility and credibility in the eyes of the audience.